Friday, January 9, 2015

Fitting into a dress I never thought I'd own!

Back in 2010 I posted about this dress I loved but - A it wouldn't fit me & - B it was too expensive for my budget!!!

Friday, November 12, 2010


Project D Snowdrop dress

I am loving the holiday collection from Project D and in particular this dress called 'snowdrop'

Its pure silk and I love the colours.  Hopefully David Jones Queens Plazza will have this one when they get the new collection next year as I would love to see it up close, however like other Project D dresses the price is a bit out of my range and I think this one is approx $800 - sigh.

So fast forward to 2013! when I started to lose weight I checked on ebay several times to see if any Project D & in particular this dress was for sale & I found one! It was only worn once & in beautiful condition & the price was excellent - the only draw was it was a size smaller than what I used to wear before I gained weight!
I bought it and when it arrived it didn't quite fit, each month as I lost weight I would try on this dress hoping it might fit & one day finally -  YIPPEE it was a perfect fit.

We went to a wedding & on a hot day it was the perfect choice. To many people this may not mean much but to me it was another reward for turning my life around health wise!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...