Friday, April 29, 2011

There will only ever be one Royal Wedding for me...

The world has gone William & Kate crazy but I just can't get into it. Kate is just not that exciting to me, maybe I am just used to her seeing she has been around now for 9 years. I am not going to compare Kate to Diana as that is not something I do with anyone. Like many other legendary figures there will only ever be one Diana.

Here are some of my favorite memories of Diana or Shy Di as she was known. From the minute she as first tagged as a potential girlfriend for Charles she seemed so sweet. Once the engagement was announced I could not get enough and kept every magazine and picture I could find and could not wait till the weeding, I still remember watching it to this day. Apart from manyy bulging scrapbooks I have a beautiful collection of now hard to get books on Diana, as I always used to get the lastest book about her given to me for birthdays & christmas etc... growing up.

I think she will forever be the people's Princess.....

The shy kindy teacher caught unaware, this photo made plenty of headlines

Its official - they are engaged

First official appearance in a daring black evening gown - this outfit made alot of headlines!

Engagement portrait

The Prince & Princess of Wales

Beautiful bride wearing the Spencer tiara

A dress fir for a Princess, Di nodded off at this engagment as she was pregnant with William - we did not know yet!

21st Birthday portrait

The new royal family, Diana's necklace was a gift from Charles to celebrate the birth of William

And Harry completes the family, loved these portraits and really liked Diana with her hair longer


1 comment:

  1. True. So very true. I guess comparing people is unfair and wrong but to have anyone married to the Royal family claimed as the new Diana is just unacceptable. No one can replace her.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...