Friday, November 12, 2010

Take That Progress - The new album



I finally have my hands on a copy of the album I have been waiting for all year - Take That Progress.    I have been a huge Take That fan since 1993 but they never really seemed to take off in Australia until back for good.  Finally they were touring in 1995 and I got up in the dark to go wait for tickets only to find out a few hours later Robbie had quit, I was dissappointed as Robbie was my fave member but the show went on and it was a great concert.

 Robbie of course went on to become a huge solo star and I finally got to see him live for the first time in 2001 (had to check myself out of hospital to go but there was no way I was missing finally being able to see Rob live).   Take That got back together a few years ago and had great success with the albums Beautiful World & The Circus - The Circus live blu ray is excellent and its a shame they did not bring the tour out here.

I have listened to the album a few times and really like it, it has a little more rock edge to it than previous Take That albums but very very catchy.  Some of the tracks that stand out for me area SOS, Pretty Things, The Flood & Eight Letters.  There is also a hidden track that starts at 5.04 minutes into the last song. This album will no doubt be huge in the UK and I hope it takes off out here as I would love it if the Progress tour came here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...