Wednesday, November 24, 2010

West Side Story 18 Nov 2010

For my birthday in August one of the presents Leigh gave me was tickets to West Side Story, he knows how much I love the film and that I was dying to see the live show.

Unfortunately for me I came down with whooping cough a few weeks ago and did not think i would be well enough to make it, it was pretty touch & go all day but that night I dragged myself out of bed, threw on a maxi dress, pulled my hair back and had to go sans make up (had no other choice as the sweats you get with this are pretty bad).  I decided to avoid mirrors all evening.

All that aside we got there and had great seats in the 4th row.  I was a bit concerned when they announced before curtin that Tony was going to be played by the understudy... but anyway on with the show.

I have always loved the opening, the thought of tough street gangs dancing around New York city is so cool! The dancing was fantastic and so were the costumes.  Seeing some of my favourite songs come to life like 'Tonight', 'America','Somewhere','I feel pretty' & 'Gee Officer Krupke' was so enjoyable.  All the leads were great especially Maria, Anita & the understudy Tony.

If you love the movie then you should go see the live production, it is well worth it.  I was so glad I was able to go, just wish I had felt better.


Scene from dance at the gym

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...