Monday, August 8, 2011

Enrique Iglesias & Pitbull 25 July 2011 Brisbane

On Thurs 21 July I got an email from the promoters of Enrique's concert saying they were having a special deal on tickets for 48 hours, pretty much 2 for the price of one. Things have been bleak to say the least & not much fun has been had or money to spare so we both decided for the price it might be good to have night out.

We wanted to go when the tour was announced but due to IVF funds were low so we had to give it a miss.

We got there & the opening act was DJ Havan Brown who did a set then performed her song "We run the night" & got a good atmosphere going.

Next to hit the stage was Pitbull & I had no idea how many of his songs I actually knew & even the ones I didn't I enjoyed & we were on our feet dancing to the latin/cuban grooves - great when you can enjoy the support act!!

Was really looking forward to seeing Enrique & it was a really basic show, he just arrived on stage in jeans, t shirt & baseball cap & ran around & sang his heart out. He sounded fantastic live & pretty much sang every one of his hit songs. We would be up & dancing & decide to have a rest then the next song would start that we would love & up we would get again. No big staging, costume changes or effects. Just a great singer, full of energy singing his songs, looking like he loved every minuteof performing & giving it his all. It was also the first time in ages I was actually having some fun & I guess the endorphins from the dancing helped.

Havana Brown came back on stage & performed Heartbeat with him & to close the show Pitbull joined him for I like it.  Enrique was great & it felt so good for L & I to have some fun again like 'normal' people.

When I find a setlist I will post it as the one he performed out here is different to his overseas shows.

Enrique & Pitbull close the show with I Like it






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...