Sunday, January 9, 2011

Lite & Easy, may be lite but not that easy.....

Day 1 of a diet is never much fun and today is no different.  Yes I would like to lose weight but right at the moment I do not have my diet mojo. Why am I doing this then?  Becuase I feel pressured by my fertility Dr.  I gained alot of weight in 2007/2008 when I was very ill.  I lost 30 kilos of it to start ivf but Dr L is always at me to lose more.  It gets a little embarrassing that she mentions it every visit and even on the day of my miscarriage her parting words on the phone to me were to "rest up & lose some weight".  I know I have weight to lose, but I know of people heavier than me that are doing/have done ivf.

I lost the first 30 kilos using Jenny Craig, the food was not bad but I am a very picky eater so there menu for someone like me was very limiting and I had to repeat alot of meals to pad out the week.  Needless to say after awhile I got very sick of it and called it quits around the time of my whooping cough.  I thought I would give lite n easy a try as there was a better selection.

Today I have had:

Breakfast was a cheese & tomato tosted sandwhich - sounds good but ever try making one with no oil/butter it sticks even to a non stick pan and falls apart.  The second attempt was made by toasting the bread in the toaster and melting the cheese in the microwave.  There was also a yoghurt to have but I can't eat it,  it is one of those things that makes me gag - I can not even stand the smell.

Lunch was a chicken salad which was not bad but the portion was very small. There were some cheese & crackers for a snack.

Dinner tonight was sausages in onion gravy with veg which was not too bad for a frozen meal.




 
Guess I will just continue to give this a go and hope some motivation grabs me.  Nothing worse than going on a diet then when you have been told to.

2 comments:

  1. Nic,
    First up - CONGRATS on losing all that weight in the first place. Awesome achievement.

    Best of luck with your current regime.

    SSG xxx

    Sydney Shop Girl blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand what you mean about dieting mojo.. I find the worst part about being on a diet is how you have to be so good ALL THE TIME. It can be so boring. Which makes it hard to stay motivated.. and it takes a while to gets results so getting started is the hard part!!

    I agree it is even harder to stick to a regime when you feel you have to..
    Although I have heard lots of stories about women losing weight making getting pregnant lots easier, so perhaps that will help spur you on.

    Good luck with it all, and well done on the 30kgs you have already lost, thats a huge achievement
    You did so well to lose 30 kilos the first time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...