Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snapshot: October 18th 2005 Hollywood CA



In an effort to cheer myself up at the moment I have been trying to think of happy memories.  I am going to start a little section called snapshot and blog about good times from the past.

I have a lot of wonderful and happy memories from my trips to the USA so I am going to start this off with a celebrity packed day in Hollywood.

We have been living in our West Hollywood apartment for about 6 weeks now and today we are spending the afternoon in Hollywood to check out a few celebrity events.

First off one of my favorite actors Antonio Banderas is getting a star on the walk of fame and I am hoping to get his autograph for my collection.  We get there early to get a good spot near his star and about 30 mins before the ceremony is scheduled to start there is a bit of a commotion and there suddenly is Antonio, he has arrived early so he can meet the fans and do autographs etc...  I am very impressed at this and love it when a star I like looks after the fans. 

We are near the front of the pack and next thing he is in front of us, we snap some shots of him and exchange a few words and he signs my photo - this girl from Bris can not believe she is standing so close to one of her favorite actors!!  Melanie is with him and so is her teenage daughter with Don Johnson , Dakota and her daughter with Antonio, Stella.  Have liked some of Melanies movies so getting to see her is a bonus and her plastic surgery is not to scary in person.

We watch the ceremony and Antonio gives a great speech then Sharon Stone turns up and we get a good look at her and she looks a tad scary - too much plastic surgery!! 

Antonio arrives 30 mins early to meet the fans


Signing for us


Antonio, Melanie & Stella



Next up its down the street to Graumanns Chinese Theatre for the world premiere of Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.  The barricades for this are actually across the road from Graumanns so it looks like we are not going to see much when some people mention often the actors will cross the road and come over and meet the fans.  I like both Robert Downey Jr & Val Kilmer but I have read lots of negative stuff about Val and doubt he will come over.  We see from a distance various celebs arrive then there's Robert, he does some press and goes straight in.  Val arrives and next thing you know it looks like he is going to come across the street and he does!!  He takes his time meeting the fans and signing lots of autographs, the photos do not come out well as its dark but he is nice and signs my card and notices my accent. We exchange a few words about Australia and his time here filming and he is off. Guess you can't always believe waht you read as he was really nice.

Talking to Val while he signs

Val's autograph



We break for dinner then head to the new Virgin megastore which is hosting a signing for Hugh Hefner and his girls next door.  I have always had a soft spot for Hef, I think the man is a legend and we could just not pass up the chance to meet him (and hope for an invite to the mansion!!)  We buy the current playboy with the girls on the cover and get in line.  There is a ton of playboy security here in suits wearing little playboy bunny pins, everything is very organized.  Unfortunately you can't have a photo with Hef or the girls but we are able to snap some of them.  First off we meet Holly and she is gorgeous - a real life barbie doll, she asks our names and signs the playboy to us. Next up is Hef and for an old guy he is in pretty good shape, I tell him the mansion looks like an amazing place with all its animals etc.. and he thanks me as he signs(did not get my hint for an invite though) then we meet Bridget & Kendra who sign  and are all smiles.  All of them seem very happy to be there.


Holly Madison & Hugh Hefner

Bridget Marquardt & Kendra Wilkinson

Playboy signed by Hef & the girls



We went back to our apartment a little starstruck and not believing we got so lucky to meet so many people in one day. Apart from the autographs & photos we had the memory of a great day.  Doing this may not interest some people but I am a huge movie buff and have been since I was very young so getting to meet these people in person after watching thier films is a real thrill.

1 comment:

  1. gosh I don't think I've ever seen (let alone met) an actual celebrity. I would be totally star struck!
    Think that mag signed by Hef and the girls is actually pretty cool.
    Yay for happy memories

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...