Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Belinda Carlisle Brisbane 19 Feb 2011

If you asked anyone waht music you would have found on my record player in the 80's they would more than likely name these 3 artists:

George Micahel
Madonna
Belinda Carlisle

I loved The Go-Go's as a kid but it was when Belinda went solo with Mad about you I went totally ga-ga for this former go-go!!

So it was with much excitement that I went to see her Saturday night, never having had the chance to see her perform live before.  It may sound silly but when she first hit the stage singing Runaway Horses it felt a bit overwhelming to see her in person after all the hours I have racked up over the years listening to her music.



I alwys thought she was gorgeous and in person she is and is ageing very nicely (although she does admit to the odd botox) I was surprised at how tiny she was. She was dressed in a plain black top & capri pants and removed her shoes after the first song so she could dance.




She really seems to enjoy performing live and her voice sounded amazing, even better than on cd. She sang everyone of her hits so I was not thinking 'Oh I wish she had done...'

The setlist was:

1.Runaway Horses
2.I Get Weak
3.In Too Deep 
4.California 
5.Mad About You
6.Circle In The Sand
7.Vision Of You
8.La Luna
9.Summer Rain 
10.Big Scary Animal 
11.(We Want) The Same Thing 
12.Leave A Light On
13.Live Your Life Be Free 
Encore:
14.Vacation Play 
(The Go-Go's cover)
15.Our Lips Are Sealed 
(The Go-Go's cover)
16.We Got the Beat
(The Go-Go's cover)
17.Heaven Is A Place On Earth


For her encore she came back and did some Go-Gos classics even announcing 'this next song is NOT called Eric the seal' before starting Our lips are sealed.




I am very surprised the promoter of this tour only had her play small venues like RSL clubs etc... She is a brilliant live performer with a lot of fans. She may not fill an entertainment centre but I can think of plenty of good mid size venues she would fill no problem.  It did not seem right her giving it her all underneath a dodgy mirrorball on this tiny stage.


I can't wait for her to tour again, however as per a previous post of mine I will be going elsewhere to see her even if it means driving to the Gold Coast.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...