Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Snapshot Seaworld San Diego 6th October 2005

In effort to cheer myself up I thought I would make another snapshot entry, I started these to help me remember good times.

During our few months living in LA we drove to San Diego for a week mainly to visit Seaworld and the zoo.  San Diego Seaworld is home to the famous whale Shamu.  When watching The bachelorette years ago Trista & Ryan had their first date there and had dinner with Shamu (you dine next to his pool) I thought that looked so cool.

It was a gorgeous sunny day perfect for being outdoors. When we got there the first thing we did was stop at the dolphin pool, you can actually touch the dolphins and feed them. This was so nice to do and we spent ages there.  We love dolphins and many years ago we were lucky to go swimmng with them.  After awhile Leigh excused himself to the bathroom and proceeded to go missing for 30 mins (I started to panic thinking he must be sick).  He comes back all grins and presents me with a VIP pass to have lunch with Shamu! He remembered from all that time ago that I said I would love to do that.


Patting dolphin

We went to several of the animal shows then it was off to lunch.  They have tables set up around Shamu's pool (there are several Shamu's!!) the food was lovely and while you are dining the trainers come in and get the whales to do special tricks and things. You are so close and it was one of the coolest things I have ever done. I even got a plush Shamu to take back home (had to carry him with me on the plane but he made a good cuddle buddy!) I think of that day whenever I see him.


Shamu doing his tricks at lunch

Lunch with Shamu

We loved watching the polar bears and one of my other favorite parts was the penguin encounter.

Polar bear encounter



 They have this amazing set up of 300 penguins of all different breeds behind glass with ice and pools (looks just like there natural habitat) and it is really huge. You jump on a moving walkway and watch them all ( I went through about 10 times!)

It really was a perfect day.


1 comment:

  1. It does sound like a perfect day.
    How lovely that Leigh organised a VIP pass for you.. he is such a gem.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...