Saturday, October 16, 2010

Chocolate overload at Max Brenner

So after we finished at Valentino we took a stroll down to Southbank to check out the newly opened Max Brenner. I was surprised that they placed it at Southbank and not in the CBD but the place was packed and the line out the door did not let up the whole time we were there.

 Leigh ordered an Italian thick chocolate made with vanilla cream and a chocolate souffle and I got a whipped milk chcocolate frappe and brownie sundae.  It was all delicious but next time I would not order drinks as well as it was just too much chocolate, also I would go for the souffle over the sundae. 

One of the most interesting things was the people watching.  I do not proclaim to be a fashionista but I do not know what some people are thinking when they get dressed to go out for a Saturday afternoon.  My favourite sight was a group of about 10 girls all dressed like baby dolls/little bo peep. They all had on floral print dresses in various shades of black & pink with little puff sleeves and full circle knee length skirts with petticoats, long curly wigs bunched in pigtails, knee socks with bows & frills, strappy platform shoes & little frilly bonnetts on there head.  The closest thing I have seen too them were the harajuku fashions I saw on an episode of Australias next top model (those who know what I am talking about think of how they styled Kelsey). I am intrigued to know what this 'style' is called.   Besides that there was an excellent mullett, several girls wearing leggings as pants (ie: I think this looks just fine if you are wearing a long top or short dress over them), fake Louis Vuitton bags & shoes & a girl whose denim cut off shorts were so short the bottom of her bum cheeks were hanging out.  Overall I did not expect to find such interesting people at Southbank!

Brownie sundae with melted chocolate

Chocolate souffle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...