Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Facial at The Dome Retreat,Torts & reality shows!

Another wet day today but I was looking forward to getting out as I had a voucher for a facial at The Dome Retreat at the Marriott that was about to expire so I had booked in for my relaxing treat (even my fertility Dr had told me to go get it done!!)
My appointment was for 11.45 but they ask you to arrive at 11.30, on my last appointment I got changed and twiddled my thumbs for 15 minutes waiting for them. Anyway I left home to make it for 11.30 but the trasffic in the city was a bit bad due to the rain and I ended up being GASP 5 mins late.  I worked in the door to be greeted by a sour faced young girl asking me if I was Nicole, when I replied yes she then proceeded to tell me that it was 11.37, I was late and that she had left messages for me!!!!  Oh boy did this put me in a bad mood, she stomped out from behind the desk and told me to "hurry" and showed me to my locker. I do not know how long it takes other people to get changed in to a robe but I was changed and sitting in the lounge by 11.40 ready for them to take me at 11.45!  Not a good way to start a so called relaxing experience!  Luckily the therapist was lovely and after the first few minutes of the facial getting underway I started to relax.  I have been there before and the treatments are lovely (although I think they are a little overpriced) but if it had been my first appointment I don't think I would have gone back due to the receptionist's rude attitude - for crying out loud you work in customer service, you are meant to make people feel welcome!  I did find it amusing however when I picked up my car from valet they had turned my stereo up really loud - guess the valet liked my Boyzone cd!

Relaxed but hungry I went & met Leigh for lunch (not something I get to do often).  We headed to post office square and to the shop called Torts.  They make these great marinated chicken breast wraps with salad & satay sauce all wrapped in a tortilla and the best chips made from deep fried tortilla strips with yummy seasoning.


Yummy chicken tort I had for lunch

The amazing tort chips


 Too wet & miserable to go shopping we then relocated to Starbucks for frappacinnos (mmmm caramel java chip)  lunch went way too fast and it was time to say goodbye to my baby.

After a long phone call with Mum we settled in for the evening to watch some good reality tv!  No new Keeping up with the kardashians available yet so we had to settle with UK X Factor results (how did Katie make it through & why was Wagener not in the bottom???), The Apprentice (love the Donald) and to finish off the UK version of Four Weddings. The UK version is just as bad & tacky as our Aussie one and I love it! What people think is nice to have/wear/do at there own wedding astounds me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...