Thursday, October 21, 2010

Our girl Celine

Celine became a member of the family in Feb 1999 just before our wedding.  On a walk one night we found kittens on the road and put them back in the front yard they belonged in, a few nights later we saw the same thing but this time the owner was out front.  I don't like people who do not look after animals and was going to tell her this when she told me she was giving the kittens away and did we want one?  Leigh asked her how much etc... and she told us nothing to take one off her hands as she was giving them to the RSPCA.  I picked up the first kitten for a cuddle and it was a squirmer!  I looked down and this cute little grey cat with white marks had shyly walked up to me and started to rub my leg, I picked her up and had a cuddle and knew she was our cat! She was 6 weeks old and so cute, we walked home carrying her and saying various names to her to see which one fit, we said Celine and she meowed, we kept going through names and then said Celine again and she meowed again - she had picked her own name!

Celine's first night in her new home

We were so excited to have her and she fit in right away.  Shes so pretty that the wedding photographer had to get her in some shots and there is a gorgeous pic of her & Leigh together that is one of my favourites. 
Leigh & Celine on our wedding day

She has a lovely nature and loves to play fetch with a ball just like a puppy.  She is a very affectionate cat and walks up the bed to give you kisses and noserubs everyday as well as lots of cuddles.  Whenever I have been sick she never leaves my side. She is a much loved member of the family and I am so glad we got her that night, it was meant to be!

All grown up

It's such a hard life being a putty cat

1 comment:

  1. I can't understand people who are so indifferent to animals- glad that Celine was lucky enough to come and live with you and your hubby!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...