Monday, October 18, 2010

Hair - A History

I love hair!  I always have ever since I can remember. As a little girl I had long hair to my waist and I used to love brushing it & styling it in various ways.  Besides the odd colour change I have kept my hair pretty much the same for the past 7 years but I got to thinking about all the things I had done to my poor hair over the years and went looking through some old photo's. I can't believe at times what I thought looked good (surely I couldn't have ??)  Here is a history of just SOME of the things I have done to my hair (yep there is actually more styles than I have here but those photos are buried at Mum's somewhere).

Some of these styles are pretty scary (not to mention the fashion & make up)  but in the name of a laugh here are, for want of a better word, highlights...............


1984 with my long locks

My first major haircut - The bob 1984

My first perm - blame Jane Badler & Dannii Minogue 1985

My first venture to the blonde side 1986

The Madonna tribute look 1986

After another bad permed bob I decide to get it all cropped & yes the fringe was meant to be like that 1989

1992 and its a fairly tame black dyed bob with fringe

1992 and the big trend was a thing called kitten curls so I got the hairdresser to do them for this formal function(do not even ask about the false eyelashes & red lips)

My last perm (thank god I came to my senses) inspired by Nicole Kidman 1993

Bob with a centre part and its my real hair colour 1994

Shag type haircut that was so trendy at the time inspired by Jenni Garth/Tori Spelling 1996

My Melrose Place Lisa Rinna style with some red highlights 1997

Layered "Rachel" inspired cut with gold highlights 1997

A darker longer version of the layered bob 1998

From 2000 on I grew my hair long, this is pretty much my normal do - long/ layered gold highlights 2005

Still long but alot blonder 2006

I decide to try a change of colour and go red for 2007

Back to the gold highlights 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...